The Gift of Faith

sts-joachim-and-ann

Today we celebrate the Memorial of Saint Joachim and Saint Ann, the parents of the Blessed Mother. Can you imagine raising such a child?  What a gift and a challenge they were given.

The feast reminds us to celebrate our own parents, especially those who gave us the gift of faith.  So, if you have been lucky enough to have a parent who guided you toward the Lord and his church, let them know how much you appreciate that gift.

Thanks, Mom!  I love you!

This entry was posted in Reflection. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The Gift of Faith

1. Lee Surkin says:

God never loses sight of the treasure which He has placed in our earthen vessels. If your children ask you about your honesty with God, Let them look at pictures of you and the person you married that gives reason they’re alive…and they will truly understand.
    Then tell them you love them and Thank you!

2. Mary Washburn says:

We never truly appreciate all our parents did for us until we find ourselves being the parent and the guardian of our children, that is when we know how blessed we are to have had faith filled parents that brought us closer to the Lord. Being blessed in the Lord is a gift that is greater than any other. Thanks Mom and Dad.

3. Mary Thomas says:

Thank you mom and dad for the childhood I did not appreciate until later in life. RIP dad.

4. Mary Thomas says:

Thank you mom and dad for the childhood I did not appreciate until later in life. RIP dad and thank you for how hard you worked to support all of us.

5. Mary Thomas says:

Thank you mom and dad for the childhood I did not appreciate until later in life. RIP dad and thank you for how hard you worked to support all of us and mom for staying at home to guide us and for being there for my children.

6. Mary Thomas says:

Thank you mom and dad for the childhood I did not appreciate until later in life. RIP dad and thank you for how hard you worked to support all of us and mom for staying at home to guide us and for being there for my children as well.

7. Rita Dumer says:

You are most welcome my son! I tried to pass on what your “Boushie” gave to me….our precious gift of Faith.
    I love more!!!